Membership is available for all former pupils and staff and costs just £100 for life. This can be paid in two instalments. There are generous discounts for new members who are sixty and over, for former staff and for those who join at an event.
Benefits also include:
- two newsletters each year
- monthly email updates
- the opportunity to go to a Founder’s Day service
Please contact us to request a membership form, or to find out more about the Committee.
We are run by volunteers — why not join our team?
The Society is run by a committee of volunteers, meeting in Bristol several times a year. These members organize the events and the newsletters, working closely with the school, as well as continuing our tradition of benevolent work, keeping in touch with older members, or those who have been ill, by visits, cards and flowers. If you know of anyone who would appreciate some extra contact, please let us know.
We have great fun! We are always glad to have new members on the Committee, in particular girls who have left school in the last 10 or 15 years.
Do you live in the Bristol area? Do you have reasonable computer skills and a little time to spare? Why not join our team? It will look good on your CV if you are job-hunting or returning to work! All applicants should ideally live within easy reach of Bristol, have good PC skills, be able to work a few hours each month and attend events and meetings. For more details, come to one of our events, or contact us.
2017 – 18 We are looking for volunteers to join the Committee and/or to shadow the following roles:
- Vice-chair. To shadow the Chair and take over in 2018. It’s not difficult — really!
- Events Secretary. More than one person could share this new role, each taking over the organising of a single event such as the AGM, the Tea, Founder’s Lunch and Carols.
- Gifts Officer. Do you have a flair for displaying and selling items at our events? Could you suggest and source new gift ideas?
- Newsletter Editor. We find ourselves once more relying on our existing Editor who has been doing this ‘job’ for far more years than she cares to remember! Could you take on the sourcing of news from members and pull it together for the designer to take over?
- Lots of support available from the committee for all these roles.